top of page

UK companies say 'Brexit uncertainty' is their top export barrier

Updated: Oct 16, 2019

Recent survey conducted by the British Chambers of Commerce in partnership with Bibby Financial Services has revealed uncertainty around Brexit, tariffs and exchange rates are holding back potential of many UK exporters.

The survey included over 1,000 international active UK businesses, of which, 47% cited general uncertainty around Brexit as the top barrier to export, followed by concerns regarding tariffs (35%) and exchange rate volatility (33%).

Also from the 29% of the respondents which currently only trade in the UK, only 17% said they were not facing any barriers to export, leaving 83% facing barriers to reach their full potential.

For more information on the findings of this survey, please click here

23 views0 comments


bottom of page